Dulwich College Beijing wish to attract an inspirational and talented Early Years Leader who loves leading an education team and want to make a difference with our students. The environment is one of trust and respect, with ideas bubbling from all quarters.
The College is divided into Early Years for students aged 3-7 (Nursery to Year 2), Junior School for students aged 7-11 (Year 3-6), and Senior School for students aged 11- 18 (Year 7-13). Each school is run on a day-to-day basis by a Head of School who reports to the Head of College.
Location – Beijing
Our school is in Shunyi, around forty-five minutes from the heart of Beijing, the political, cultural, technological, and international exchange centre of mainland China. The city is renowned for its opulent palaces, temples, parks, gardens, tombs, walls and gates. It has seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Put students first in all they do
- Display a positive attitude, adaptability and open-mindedness
- Show professional initiative and perseverance
- Are truly collaborative and display highly developed communication skills
- Are committed to internationalism and equity
- Are committed to sustainability and global citizenship
- The right of every student to be safe supported and nurtured
- Evidence-based and innovative pedagogy
- Personalised and differentiated student learning
- Setting high expectations for every student
- Empowering students to reach their own goals
- High levels of student motivation and engagement
Deputy Head of Early Years Requirements
- PGCE or equivalent
- Expertise to secure students’ wellbeing and belonging and enable students to become resilient learners
- A clear focus on learning
- Prior experience as an assistant head/core subject leader/phase leader
- Professional knowledge (of curricula, quality management, school organisation and current educational issues)
- Use of data to improve learning and teaching
- Successful partnerships with school parents and communities
- Ability to support, motivate, lead and manage staff to teaching and learning
- Organisational and administrative skills, and experience of efficient resource management
Salary & Benefits
- VERY Competitive Salary. Based on experience.
- Annual Airfare allowance for the candidate and their Family.
- After two years of consecutive employment, the candidate will receive a month for every completed year of service and every year after.
- Paid tuition for up to 2 children (Subject to availability).
- Housing or generous housing allowance provided.
- Comprehensive medical cover for their candidate and dependents
Apply for this Job